- Improve cycling conditions on popular main roads and parallel routes into the city centre;
- Provide quiet cycling routes and 20mph areas within residential areas;
- Upgrade towpaths on canals;
- Develop new cycling green routes through parks and open spaces;
- Improve local links to cycle routes;
- Provide new secure cycle parking hubs;
- Develop cycle loan and hire schemes to make it easier for people to get started.
The Birmingham Cycle Revolution project is supported by the Big Birmingham Bikes programme of free bikes, cycle training, and activities with employers, schools and communities to encourage cycling. You can even get rewarded for cycling with the Better Points app.
For more information on the project, progress updates or how you can get involved please contact the Birmingham Cycle Revolution team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet us @BCRBirmingham or like Birmingham Cycle Revolution on Facebook.